Cavity Wall Extraction
There are types of insulation such as blown fibres that can lead to problems either because they have reached the end of their usefulness or because they were installed incorrectly
Either way, we can help. Most houses built in the UK since 1930 have been built with a cavity wall: a wall formed from two thicknesses of masonry with an air space between them, which are held together with wall ties.
The air space ensures that any water which may enter the cavity either via wind driven rain or condensation simply drains down to the footings below the damp proof course, without crossing to the inner wall.
Cavity Extraction removes the insulation or blockages and obstructions found in some cavities that create cold spots and damp problems.
We remove damp and non performing cavity wall insulation from homes and commercial facilities.
The Benefits of Cavity Extraction:
- Whole house solution, or partial cavity cleaning available
- Resolves existing damp transference issues
- Suitable for use on almost all cavity constructed properties
- Ensures walls are clear of debris, ready to be insulated if required
- No maintenance necessary
- The process employs traditional building industry working practices and equipment, combined with specifically designed technology